Universal Business School™ will take a leap forward, by creating India’s first Green Business School. Our brand colors Green and Blue demonstrate our ethos of going green as well as believing in Blue Oceans & Blue Skies thinking, where there are “NO LIMITS, ONLY POSSIBILITIES”. We will combine our passion for Environmental Conservation with Innovation and produce a truly Eco-Smart Business School. We are in consonance with Prince Charles: “We now have only a hundred months, to Save the World”.
We will be employing Rain Water Harvesting, reduction of waste, increase recycling, and produce green power via Solar and Wind Power. We will also ensure reduction in power consumption through innovative techniques and constructing sustainable, climate friendly buildings.
Our Commitment to Sustainability – Highlights
- The main academic centre and library have double heighted ceilings to allow for the wind tunnel effect to flow through allowing for reduction of cooling needs and reduction of energy
- UBS wall cladding has been done with space between the exterior and interior surface to ensure that the heat from outside does not penetrate inside to ensure that the cooling requirements are down to the minimum and saves tremendous energy.
- UBS has used double glazed glass, with two sheets of glass pressed together to ensure that external heat is not transmitted internally, thereby reducing the cooling requirements and making it a climate friendly building
- Rain Water Harvesting by UBS ensures that water is conserved and reused, given Karjat gets plentiful rain. Retaining walls and mini-dams have been created to conserve water.
- All the garbage is recycled effectively with two sewage treatment plants at either end of the campus to cater to the student and faculty.
- UBS has planted over 7000 trees with an objective to plant 10000 trees in the campus. Each student will plant a tree and thereby connected to mother earth and their alma mater.
- Green thinking is integrated into each and every subject whether finance, marketing or production to be able to resolve the cost and execution dilemmas that exist on making green decisions. The implications of each green decision is actively debated allowing for students to get a better understanding and making more effective and sustainable decisions.
- We have Green specific electives like Green Financing and Green Manufacturing and Sustainability Management with Professors from Harvard Business School Research Centre imparting learning of practical and successful models of leading companies who have build excellent models.
- UBS has kept the original flora and fauna intact and has enhanced it in many ways.
- UBS has brought material like bricks, stone; from the local villages reducing the need for transportation and thereby contributing to less carbon emissions.
- UBS classrooms have the ability to have video conferencing and live debates in and interactive fashion with professors internationally to ensure that minimal travel is required and virtually information can be imparted.
- Given UBS is a fully residential campus; it ensures students do not have to take public transportation, reducing carbon emissions.
- Each student will have a Societal causes Management and Responsibility Training (SMART) project where they will have to adopt the nearby villages and implement the green thinking ideas thereby learning from doing.
- UBS is ensuring that 40 percent of the campus will have no construction and will create organic farming to allow for farm fresh and healthy living for the students.